Sunday, November 9, 2008

And I Ran

J woke me up at 6:30 a.m. today to do our training. I reluctantly dragged my sorry butt out of bed, dressed appropriately, headed outside in the brisk air and propelled my jiggly body forward into a slow jog/wog down to the park. J, on the other hand, like a gazelle makes running any distance look effortless and beautiful. Basically, I kept "running" because when I stopped to walk, I would just get too chilled and I just wanted to get back home sooner to have a cup o' joe. Happy to say I jogged/wogged longer and farther today than normal. The cold air killed my lungs, BUT I did the entire run all without that normal "I'm-going-to-puke-and-hyperventilate-in-the-first-mile" feeling. J says I'm getting conditioned. Finally! Just can't wait to run (read: jog/wog) a full mile without stopping . . .that would make me feel like I've accomplished something at least. We're registering for our first race on Thanksgiving. It's the Turkey Trot down in Greeley. It's a 2k (how lame is that?) but I guess we have to start somewhere. From there our next goal will be a 5k, 10k so on and so forth. My ultimate goal is to run a HALF marathon by my 40th birthday in October 0f 2009. J has it in the bag, but please please wish me luck and send happy/good/successful running vibes my way. Thanking you in advance. :)

4 comments:

  1. We so have to do our first half marathon together! I need to start training again and you have just inspired me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, traci, you've never run a 1/2 marathon before? And *I* inspire *you*? That's funny because you and Kim inspired me to start running in the first place. Yes, let's pick a cool city to run and meet there! I'm just hoping a year is long enough to train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I don't run...I won't run and I'm pretty sure I won't make it to a 1/2 marathon by my 40th birfday. You keep up the good work, Krissy! I miss Jazzercise:( From your favorite Sister--TB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, my first was going to be the Seattle 1/2 at the end of this month but then I started working and stopped running and it all went out the window. Now I have to start all over again!

    ReplyDelete