Fast forward 1 year later, January 1, 2009, we honored our pinky-sweared vow and set forth on the 2nd Annual Shoe Shopping Event. The major surgery had by Toni Baloni on Monday December 29th might have slowed her down but even that couldn't stop her from going! What a trooper! So with credit/gift cards in hand and hope in our hearts, we entered the shoe department at Dillard's and had ourselves one heck of a heyday.
The 50% off sales of already slashed priced shoes were hiding from us at first. However, once we spotted those wheeling-dealing Rocket Dogs, you could barely see us through the frenzy of boxes, soxes and tissue paper flying around as we tried on many a pair, style & brand.
I finally settled for leaving with three pair. 1 pair of brown Rocket Dogs, 1 pair of black rocket dogs and 1 pair of brilliantly blue Ecco low-top hikers as seen here:
Back to the task at hand . . this year's shopping spree was a little different than last year's as we also scored some smokin' deals on clothes. I purchased each of these shirts for under $10 each. Two were Columbia brand and the colorful one in the middle was such a fru-fru brand that it was $75 at regular price!!! YIKES $75 for a fricken T-Shirt?!?! WTF?! Get outta town!
I also scored this blouse & vest. The vest was 8 bucks and change and the blouse was the most expensive at just under $17. I love the detail on the white blouse. Can't see much of the detail on the vest in this picture, but trust me, it's lovely.
All in all the day was a success. Regular price total added up to $480 and I got the lot all for around $135. Toni's spoils at regular price was close to $300 & her actual cost $60-something. Next year, praying we're both happy & healthy, we will attack the day with even more vigor! I can't wait.
Hey K, this article is very sexually bias, since men don't usually like to go shoe shopping and definately don't like to read about it. I did read your some of your other aricles and think they are great, makes me want to get on a ski mobile and go to target to get an xbox while not breaking a mirror and cutting a bagel correctly then running 2k back to my house so I can make a great big rice crispy treat. Tell J I said hi and will keep reading the life of K and J, man can't wait until the next episode :) BostonT
ReplyDeleteWelcome, BostonT, you surley S.O.B.! Nice sarcasm there, friend. Didn't know ya had it in you! Come back and visit again sometime soon.
ReplyDeleteSpecial K...My spoils at regular price came to $345 and I actually paid $86. Still a steal!!! Love your pictures; wish my clothes could've been in there, too. We are gonna kick some serious booty next year! Can hardly wait:)
ReplyDelete