Sunday, January 11, 2009

Attack of the Monster Omlette

Anyone who knows me knows my strengths are not in the kitchen. I have been slowly improving my cooking skills, expanding my recipe repertoire and honing my prep skillz (chopping, peeling, grating, etc). If I focus, I can make a fairly tasty dish now. My main problem is figuring out size, amount or per person quantities. While burning food seems to be a problem of the past, cooking for two is my new obstacle.

Here is the evidence. This morning I made J and myself this mammoth omlette that could have fed a family of 12:The innards consisted of an ostrich egg (not really 5 chicken eggs), the entire left-side of a pig, a small cheese factory and half of the produce section of Safeway.
Here are the potatoes for eight that was served along side:

Not shown is the toast which could've served 4 people. We ate breakfast at 9:30 a.m. It's 6:00 p.m. and I am still full.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh so hard it hurts my stitches!! What's up with you and portion control? Can Jeff give you the low-down on that or is he being selfish with his "cheffy" knowledge. Oh, why didn't I get an invite to breakfast this morning????!

    ReplyDelete