Sunday, January 11, 2009

Upgrade City

The timing is uncanny because much like our friend, yma over at This Living Sh*t, Will Kill Ya we too got a kitchen upgrade. Our ancient microwave finally bit the dust. However, with 30 years of service, we can't complain too much about it.

Here is the microwave which was state-of-the-art circa 1979 had been "dating" our kitchen for awhile now: The control panel utilized turn knobs and push buttons:

The hole the microwave made in the kitchen. Nice tile! See the old wall paper. Very interesting. To be fair, as you can see, the microwave isn't the only thing that's dating our kitchen. One step at time, people, one step at a time:

Our bright & shiny new UPATED chrome microwave:

Very streamlined. We love it. Yes, we are updating the range soon - within the next month. Oh, I will not miss the poopy-brown colored appliances that's for darn sure! Eventually we will update the fridge & cabinets too. We were planning to expand the kitchen, but our recent purchase of the cabin getaway had us rethinking that particular home improvement project. So, for now, we will be happy & content with a new microwave.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I love that crazy bright tile, but that microwave is the oldest one I'd ever seen. Congratulations on the new, shiny nuker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarcastra! I can't believe you love that rusty, poop brown tile! Are you smoking meth or what?? I a lovin' that new micro and am slightly jealous. Guess I'll just have to stop by to pop some popcorn in it! My microwave sucks! ~~Still living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the start! It gets addicting. Pretty new shiny micro there. Are the upgrades going to be stainless? If so, I am ALREADY jealous!



    Smooches~
    ~yma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all!

    Sarcastra, I love our funky tile shape & the color has actually grown on me over the years. Maybe updating the items around the tile will help deem the tile vintage-chic as opposed to dated!

    Yma, I'm jealous of YOU because you got so many new appliances AND you have a soda fridge now. The timing of our posts is still amazing to me.

    Toni Baloni, you'll be jealous because I do have a popcorn button now! And a pizza button and a beverage button. Wow, talk about state-of-the art! 30-yrs from now the next homeowner (if it's not us) will be posting the same thing about this microwave. If this microwave lasts that long. You know they don't make things like they used to.

    ReplyDelete