Friday, April 17, 2009

Night Snow

Okay, as much as I was complaining and griping about the Spring snow and wanting warmer weather now; I must admit that the view outside tonight is amazingly gorgeous. I decided to take some pictures this time with my camera instead of my cell phone.

You can see that it's still snowing and has been since the melting that happened earlier in the evening.



These two pictures were taken with the normal AUTO function on my camera. Pretty awesome sight, huh? Pretty cool pictures! However beautiful these shots are, they didn't do the scene justice. The AUTO function makes it seem as if it's a dark, stormy night. Even though it's 11 p.m., the sky is very light and is shining an eerily quiet orange glow which makes tonight's snow so gorgeous. I decided to take more pictures but test out my NIGHT PORTRAIT, SUNSET & FIREWORKS settings on my camera (remember, it's still fairly new to me) to see if I could get better results. I took a bunch of test pictures that didn't turn out so well, but a few did once I stabilized the camera instead of holding it in my hands. Boy do I need me a mini tripod! Next on my list.
At any rate, here are the shots I took in NIGHTVISION mode which quite closely capture the real essence of the night snow.




Stunning I must say!

6 comments:

  1. Alright, glad you are playing with your new(ish) camera. I love my mini tripod and recommend them for everyone! Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I immediately thought of you, Sarcastra, and your tripod (haha) when I couldn't produce a clear picture! I am definitely getting one of my own soon! I'm sure Slick could have taken some out-of-this-world type pictures of the scene on Friday night. Did he? Did you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW a-w-e-s-o-m-e awesome awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite beautiful. Now if we could just get some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take some great pictures, Sissy, tripod or no!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Toni Baloni. Those were difficult to capture exactly what I was seeing. :)

    ReplyDelete