Saturday, December 6, 2008

I don't get out much

You can tell I don't get out much when small things. . .oh, say, such things as a hand dryer in a public restroom. . .highly impress me. But this dryer was absolutely AMAZING!!!! Upon first sight of the contraption when first entering the little girls' room, I thought it was some weird thing that mothers put their babies in to be able to free their hands to wash up or maybe it was some new fangled changing table of some sort.

When I came out of the stall to wash my own hands and looked for towels, I *finally* figured out what the heck the thing was for and was instantly mesmerized. It's called an air blade!! So COOOOOL!!! Made by dyson, the people who make that kick a** vacuum cleaner.

Well, J for sure thought I probably fell in because I spent the next 1/2 hour washing my hands just so I could dry them. Wash, dry, wash, dry, wet, dry, dry, dry, dry -- I was an "air blade runner"!!! Such fun!! And the air blade does the job so thoroughly, not like the old hand "blow" driers did. This one dries the paws in mere seconds with just a blade. . . of air.

Here is the machine in action:

This was the coolest thing I'd seen in a while. I want to install one in our bathroom. It's so "Jetsons"!

6 comments:

  1. I've seen these and I must agree. So very cool. Is Jeff sold on the bathroom addition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarcastra - heh, Jeff probably wouldn't mind one in our bathroom if it were FREE of charge. I would try to dry my hair in it at least once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Finally - I know what something is before you:) We have one at Costco so I've been getting the water sucked off my hands for around three months now. Jealous much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. K-
    Tami J (Traci's sis) here. I pop in to check out your blog periodically. I had seen this post in the past and was amused by it. Then, as we were traveling for the holiday, I saw these in the bathrooms in the Atlanta airport! If I had had your phone number on me I would have called you! My 3 year old and I played with it for a bit while my hubby and son were waiting for us. We had so much fun that I made my hubby and son go to their bathroom to check it out. They liked it too. If I hadn't read your blog then I wouldn't know what it was either. Thanks for the heads up and the video for proper usage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Tami J! Thanks for the comments. It's good to know my blog is at least partially educational to some! Sounds like you had as much fun as I did with the AirBlade. Too cool, huh?

    On a side note, I poke around your blog through traci's link, but I mostly just lurk there. I'll have to throw a comment your way!

    Thanks for reading! Hope you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Traci, of course I am jealous of you, ya little twit! ;) You're so cutting edge, dude!

    ReplyDelete