Just so we’re clear the far wall is the wall I was hanging the mirror:

Hokay, so I am just tall enough to barely reach the hook on the wall. Believing that I connected with the hanging teeth on the back of the mirror and the hook . . . I gingerly let go. The mirror slid right down the wall quicker than my reflexes could react and with a THUNDEROUS crash landed on the floor behind the cabinets. CRAP!!!!!! My co-worker and I just looked at the wall, then at each other, then back to the wall not yet fully absorbing the severity of the moment.
The file cabinets are so heavy and tightly fitted into the cove that we had to get Dino to use a dolly to move them out of the way for us to assess just how many years of bad luck was in store for me. Fearing the worst, I peeked around when one of the cabinets was far enough out and was surprised and elated to report that ONLY the frame broke and the mirror was completely in tact!!!
Now, I’m not a superstitious person (except when it comes to watching hockey), but I am sooooo happy about how my little story ended. Wow!! Whew!!! Do I get seven years of good luck now? Maybe fourteen . . . double points since I didn’t break the darned thing? Should I go buy a lotto ticket, perhaps? Maybe I shall. Maybe I shall.
Yes do.
ReplyDelete(freaky.)
~yma