We decided to jump in the Expedition yesterday and see how close we could get to the cabin. The roads were all surprisingly clear and dry for most of the way up. However, once we turned off FR101 and onto FR105, the roads were an entirely different story. We could only drive about 100 feet before we encountered 4-5 foot drifts of snow covering the entire dirt road that lead us to our cabin only 5 miles away. So close yet so far away! :) The weather was a gorgeous 65 degrees and the snow was melting fast, but there was no getting up this without a snow machine. Here are some pictures.
Stuck from going any farther up the FR105
Artie enjoying some running around time.

Our trip was not in vain, however, as we enjoyed breathing in some fresh, piney air. We were able to see plenty of wildlife and the mighty Medicine Bow River rushing by us swollen with the waters of the melting snow. Very pretty. The Medicine Bow River flows by our cabin property as well. If only we had a canoe and muscular arms to paddle up stream with we could have possibly made the trek via river.
Here is the cutest little doe that was just staring at us from beind the aspen. Once she heard the click of the shutter, she bound off farther into the brush but I could tell she still remained very curious. She was molting and extremely scruffy. Amazing! I can't get enough of seeing these animals. I could stare at them all day.

A couple of antelop standing as still as statues.

We will make the journey up again in the next couple weeks. The snow was melting quickly, so I think we'll be able to get in soon. I can't wait!
Very nice! What a beautiful place.
ReplyDelete