Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another 5k

We ran another 5k. It was called the High Plains Purse-Suit 5K/10K put on by the Women's Leadership Council, part of the United Way I believe. Anyhoo, the funds go towards dressing less fortunate women in suits to help them obtain better jobs hence the play-on-words in the name of the race: Purse-Suite (Pursuit). I thought that was pretty cool. I still didn't run the entire race but I did run 10 times better this time than in November. I am in better shape. I am more conditioned. I still feel bad for holding J back from his race, but he says what fun would it be running it if he weren't running it with me. What a doll! Love him for that. I was so slow that he was actually running the course backwards and taking pictures! One volunteer thought he was running the entire race this way! He probably could have still beat me back. Oh and my stupid shoes kept coming untied. I didn't "get" why. We will get our official times soon, but for now, here are a couple of pictures of me dying. Enjoy.

At least I am ahead of the "walkers"


Still chuggin' along

This hill was very challenging and only 1/2 way thru the course.

We hope they hold this race next year. This was the inaugural race, so hopefully if not next year, then in 5 years from now I can possibly run the entire way. I am pleased that I just finished.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm so proud of you! And what a great hubby you have!

    ReplyDelete