J's mom and I got busy cleaning the windows. Ugh. Did you know that flies crap? I had no clue that flies crapped. . .I thought they just sat on crap, hung out around crap, ate & reguritated crap but I had no clue that they actually crapped and that their crap could be seen by the human eye. Weird! Enough about fly crap! We got that all cleaned up and the windows sparkled like new in the sunlight. J & his dad worked on some siding stuff on the back of the cabin. J came in and put up insulation in the bedroom. Changed out the door handle. Took inventory of "stuff" we brought up there to leave. We all got quite a bit done and felt good to have at least a few projects 1/2 way finished before winter.
We tested the propane heaters and lights but since the water & toilet system had been winterized, we decided not to mess with that until next Spring. J's mom & dad left so J and I decided to explore the area just a bit before it got dark.
We heard coyote pups in the distance as we discovered this pond not too far from our property:
There is this super cool rock on our property too. Not that I'm going to be using my cell phone much when were up here, but it is nice to know we get reception out here in the boonies! The only place I got it was when I climbed up on this rock. Therefore, we shall call this "Telephone Rock" heh. There's another really cool rock that I like to visit on the property, but I'll save that story and description for another post.
OMG - what a beatuful place! I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person....some day!
ReplyDelete*Lucky*
ReplyDelete~yma
Never fear, kids! Once we get things cleaned up at the cabin, we'll be inviting you up for the scenery and sublime serenity of the place. ~sigh~ You're always welcome.
ReplyDeleteHi, Yma! Schanks for visitin'. Hope you'll be a regular.
xoxox