Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Boithday to me


So, it was my birthday today. YAY! I had a great day. The above message was waiting for me when I arrived to the office today. One of my office mates scrolled out the message with roasted pinon nuts on my desktop calendar before leaving for the field this morning to happily greet me. Another co-worker baked me a yummyrific carrot cake; I went to lunch with a few friends; and yet another co-worker performed a death-defying act of sk8r kwel-ness sans sk8board for my entertainment pleasure as evidenced by the following video clip (I apologize in advance for the kink in the neck. . .didn't know how to flip it!):


Wasn't that awesome?!?!? Dazzling and amazing I might add. However, I was hoping for something a little more dramatic so that I could submit this video to the channels that host "Most Daring" or "Most Extreme" videos and win large sums of money. . .but I think it's just barely good enough to submit for my 3rd ever posting on our brand-new blog. Heh, heh. I guess you just had to be there.

Later on in the evening, J & I went to grab a pizza and beer at O.C. for dinner. My birthday day was a pleasant one other than the fact that I had to actually work and not get to sleep in or watch silly movies like Tank Girl or Little Darlins or some other right-of-passage-chick-flick. But I'm not complainin'. Life's been good to me so far as evidenced by the Ghosts of Birthdays Past:

Number 1:

Year 6 - notice the crown:

Aren't the curtains groovy? Yes, it was the 70's.

And exactly 30 yrs ago today:

5 comments:

  1. Aaaahhh, weren't you just the cutest little red head in town! Still are you hot little mama! Love & Miss ya - wish I could have been there to help you celebrate! But, I'll sing to you on my blog so you'll get a present that will just keep on giving (headaches):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, traci! I'm pretty positive you were at my birthday party of that middle picture with the lovely green, yellow and white Minnie Mouse cake. Lucky you! Don't you remember? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, these are the cutest darn pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed your big day.... looks like it was great...
    And what a cutie you were!!!

    And welcome to the world of blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristie
    stay cool
    chooch choo

    ReplyDelete