We are truly blessed in the friend department, that's for sure. This weekend one set of our awesome friends (ya know, the ones who bought us a white water rafting trip for our wedding gift) drove up to the mountains with us to help us with a ton of work we needed done on the cabin. Here is a list of what was accomplished, most of it in one day:
*Insulation almost completely installed (we still need to purchase a measley 2 rolls)
*Water system figured out and connected
*Wildlife camera mounted & left on tree in area where we've seen deer, etc
*Messy wood pile left by prior owner stacked & organized to dry
*Some fallen trees left by previous owner chain sawed & stacked in newly organized pile
*God-awful, ugly, flea-bag of a 5,000 lb couch left by previous owner removed from interior
*Bathroom ceiling & walls painted
That was quite a lot more than we were expecting to finish so we were all very happy. Along with the work, there was plenty of time for playing and relaxation by the fire.
Our friends' teen-aged daughter (ALF) loved hanging out at the fire with us, except no matter where she stood, that's where the smoke would blow. Right in her face. Poor kid. She did however manage to create some pretty cool rock graffiti (or fire art!) in between ash chokings.
Here's Artie the next day being especially needy towards me. He's so cute and I love him to pieces but Holy Moses he needs to lighten up a bit!
So, along with all that work, like I said we got some play time in too. We played our cheap-o version of Chuck-O and were doomed to stay at the cabin playing until someone dethroned Carrie from her morning-long winning streak! Finally ALF defeated the evil one in a close game of 18 to 16!! w00t!
Last intense minutes of the Chuck-O Finals!!
ALF brought her pellet gun and since I forbade her (or her dad) from shooting at the small wildlife and since we didn't have any actual target paper, we modified and made up a cute little new game that we'll probably forever play from this day forth. Since I have tons of outdated fashion magazines stashed at the cabin for my reading pleasure, we found the cutest girl in one of the ads, ripped out the page, stapled it to a stump and we all ensued playing round after round of "Shoot The Bimbo"!! We all got off good shots. I mainly liked to make her dance (meaning I rarely hit her but the area around her feet) but the ones that did connect were more surface shots that would keep her from running, e.g. legs and hips. ALF & Carrie were more cruel with shots to the head, throat and one to the boob. The guys made less damaging contact, but I don't think they had as much anamosity towards the gorgeous woman (read: poor waif) as we girls did. I assure you, however, that we were all aiming for a head or crotch shot for sure!
ALF carefully putting the target in her sights and squeezing the trigger while playing a round of "Shoot the Bimbo"
All in all the weekend was a success both work and relaxation wise. I was thrilled to have new friends up that I could show off all the cool spots and create new and lasting memories. Every weekend we go up to the property, it feels as as though the place becomes more ours and our home away from home. I love that little piece of heaven and I love that we have great friends who take time to help us make the place so special for us.
Thank you again, guys! Love you all lots!
No comments:
Post a Comment