Friday, October 23, 2009

Profoundness


Here's a poem I wrote circa 1980 when I was either 10 or 11. My sister found it in a box of stuff after cleaning out my mom's house. I thought I'd share the utter profoundness of my thought process at the time. At least you would get a good belly laugh!! I even typed the dern thing myself...if you couldn't tell. Enjoy.


In case you can't click to make bigger and read. Here it is retyped as originally typed:




I SAW WHAT I SEEN



I saw what I seen

I seen what I saw

Isaw the most scariest thing

of all. . . . Adragon standing

in the hall.



I seen what I saw

I saw what I see

I saw the most weirdest

thing that could be. . . .

A four-headed horse looking

at me.



I saw what I seen

Iseen what I saw

I saw the most cutest thing

of all. . . . Abrown-Headed boy

standing in the hall.



Iseen what I saw

I saw what I see

I saw the most beautiful

thing that could be. . . .

A little angel watching

over me.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think someone will steal it?! Why they would want to anyway! That's plagerism! Or brave that I actually posted my silly thought process at the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Shows a lot of creativity and lots of fun use of sounds.
    i like the last two stanzas the best!

    ReplyDelete